I attended Tokyo BarCamp 2010 yesterday, held at Oracle Office in Gaien-mae. The album is here. It is a kind of alternative camp of "foocamp", and it is one of "unconference". Some companies like Oracle, Opera, and some like IT's supports this camp. All of volunteer staffs are really fun and attractive poeple, as all attendees might felt. This time I did not have a talk, but I will try next chance! There was a tomb of Sun.
I like "Unagi" that is eel. Unagi is the power food for many of Japanese. There is a little difference of cooking between western and eastern in Japan, but they are similar anyway. We usually like to have a grilled unagi with the sauce(so called "tare yaki") or just with salt(so called "shirayaki"). Here is the picture of "Una-juu" we have last week, that is the grilled unagi lapping over the rice. "Una" and "Juu" stands for "unagi" and "lapping over rice" respectively. At the supermarket, we can see grilled unagi imported from China. Those are cheep,but a kind of unsellable. Many of Japanese are nervous when any food imported from China because of their fear about the contamination in China. So they choose Japanese eel that is almost double price. I don't know the eel the unagi restaurant uses is from China or Japan, but we don't care almost. hahaha I guess most of the unagi restaurants don't h...
I have had my twitter account as @okdt , but it is not kind for English speakers because I write in Japanese. So, I set up my new account as @tokyocrowds tweeting in English only. I am really happy if you follow @tokyocrowds and speak to the account about anything regarding your interest about Tokyo and Japan.
Comments
Post a Comment